Congratulations on Purchasing a Signature Performance Product!
LIMITED 90-DAY WARRANTY OVERVIEW
Signature is family owned and run by people who use the products we make. The gear we produce is made to the highest quality standards and is thoroughly tested before being added to our product range. However, having spent the last few decades working in this industry, we know that there is often times room for improvement, and also (unfortunately) room for user error.
In addition, the nature of the activities inherent in the sports that our performance products are used for means that the products are sometimes used in unconventional ways (which may be quite exciting & cool), but which we could not have anticipated.
In light of these realities; our Warranty Policy provides both limited protection to you, our valued Customer & partner in fun, but also to the Manufacturer. Our Warranty Terms are explained in detail under Limited Warranty Terms:
* PLEASE ENSURE THAT PRODUCT HAS BEEN REGISTERED UPON PURCHASE – ONLY AUTHENTIC SPG PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN PURCHASED FROM AN APPROVED DISTRIBUTOR / DEALERSHIP + REGISTERED WILL HAVE WARRANTY COVERAGE.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS
- Purchaser understands that Signature products are produced out of fragile materials, carbon, epoxy, or composites that are created specifically for performance use.
- Once the product enters the water there is no guaranteed warranty and Signature will have the final say as to any warranty claims.
- If upon purchasing you notice anything that you are not satisfied with please return it to the dealer immediately before use.
- The limited warranty is only valid to the Initial purchaser of the product from the original & authorized retailer for 90 Days from purchase.
- ** PLEASE ENSURE THAT PRODUCT HAS BEEN REGISTERED UPON PURCHASE – ONLY AUTHENTIC SPG PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN PURCHASED FROM AN APPROVED DISTRIBUTOR / DEALERSHIP FOR RESALE PURPOSES + REGISTERED WITHIN 14 DAYS FROM PURCHASE WILL HAVE WARRANTY COVERAGE.
- This warranty commitment does not cover any other claim conditions such as:
- 1) Damage or defects caused by impact with any object or person. That includes connecting sand, reef, or kelp.
- 2) Damage or defects caused by, collisions, abuse, misuse, or accidental damage.
- 3) Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, out-of-water handling, or similar.
- 4) Damage or defects caused by non-recreational use, rental centers, and lessons.
- 5) Damage or defects caused by exposure to excessive sunlight (even 15 minutes in direct sunlight can cause de-lamination), temperatures over 40 and under 0 degrees Celsius. Most products are epoxy or carbon and need to be kept out of cars and direct sunlight.
- 6) Damage or defects caused by nature, such as waves in an impact zone, earthquakes, fires, etc.
- 7) Damage or defects caused by alterations or modifications.
- 8) Damage or defects caused by repairs.
- 9) Damage or defects caused by the usage of the product after a claim is reported.
- 10) Damage or defects caused by storage of the product in closed, damp conditions (for example: a wet board bag) or a heated vehicle.
- 11) Damage or defects caused by wear and tear.
- 12) Damage caused by taking products from hot temperatures into cooler waters.
- SIGNATURE PERFORMANCE FOILS
- 13) Loss or damage to Foils or broken foil boxes on boards due to heavier riders – Suggested maximum weight for foils is 90kg / 198Lbs – riders of greater weight do so on their own accord.
- 14) Damage to foils and parts from launching/exiting the water. This is where the most damage can incur, so be sure to exercise the correct procedures.
- 15) Damage to foils from incorrect set up please see videos HOW-TO assemble.
- 16) Damage to foils or parts from use in reef areas or areas with shallow obstructions – please be aware that carbon/ epoxy products could be damaged if it comes into contact with a reef or rocky area.
- 17) Surf damage is not considered a manufacturing defect. At all costs avoid bailing your board in front of waves or sets as this is where foils will take the most abuse and are not covered under the warranty policy.
- 18) Repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty is not available for ordinary wear and tear, including scratches or paint chipping / “spider cracks”
- 19) Paint chipping – or better known as “SPIDER CRACKS” is caused by overload in a critical point, usually around the fuselage. This can be normal especially with larger wings or heavier riders and/or riders using SUP boards (especially heavier SUP boards) and in the ocean where waves break on a foil.
- 20) Damage is caused by taking foil from hot temperatures into cooler waters. Foils are produced from carbon composites and taking a foil directly from heat into cooler water can cause a chemical reaction resulting in delam or splitting of seams due to excess gas needing to escape. It is suggested to keep the foil covers on, with the reflective side up to reflect the heat until going into the water.
WARRANTY NOTE relating to – “Wingsurfing”
INFLATABLE WINGSURFING NOTE- BOARDS + FOILS
- SPG carbon performance Foils + foil boxes in surf / SUP/ Wing foil boards ARE NOT covered for use while wingsurfing.
- This is due to the nature of incorrect use: foiling into obstacles, sand bars, or reefs, added pressure loads, or incorrect landings when jumping. (Landing flat can cause overload on wings causing stress or even broken parts)
WARRANTY NOTE – ALBATROSS FOILS
- Albatross range of wings are hi aspect wings created especially for flat-water pumping, racing, and down-winding. Not to be used in the surf or for wingsurf jumping.
- Warranty does not cover Albatross wings used in the surf or wingsurf jumping (For jumping we suggest the Stealth or small Game Changer GC Ranges – DO NOT jump the larger GC 300 wings as this could result in cracked foil boxes or damage to foil & parts).
- WARRANTY NOTE – LEASHES ON FOILS
- Signature will not be responsible for any loss to foils.
- To avoid loss of Foils we recommend using a leash affixed to the board.
- SAFETY + USER INDEMNITY
- Riders and customers purchasing the gear realise the dangers involved with foiling and do so at their own risk. Signature will not be held responsible for any injury or occurrence from the use of Signature Gear.
- To avoid cuts or injury SPG suggest gently sanding any sharp edges.
- If you believe your product has defects related to manufacturing faults, please contact the original distributor/retailer prior to any repairs (repairing prior to contact will void any warranty) who will then request you to fill in the original Limited Warranty Form WARRANTY / RETURN form – please click here. and return it to your dealer within 7 days from the date on which the defect or damage is discovered.
- Your product must be returned to the place where it was purchased for immediate inspection.
- Make sure all the details and questions in the Warranty Form are filled in completely and correctly and that the dealer has filled in the dealer section.
- Shipping & Handling damages- Please carefully inspect all freight upon delivery. Inspect the box and unwrap the contents. Have the carrier document in writing the detailed description of the damages on the box before signing anything. Return the damaged box to the driver and contact SPG immediately. If you sign or the person receiving the product signs, takes delivery of the damaged freight, the driver leaves or you drive away with it, SPG is not liable to replace any damaged goods. You will need to pay return freight charges in order to be issued a replacement. Should your product be damaged during transit it is important to immediately notify the courier of any damage before the courier departs from the premises. Do not sign the receipt.
- In the case of damage from shipping, the customer may request a replacement part/s once the goods have been returned to Signature – please see RETURNS POLICY.
- Make sure that the original proof of purchase is attached which indicates the original purchase date. If the original purchase date cannot be provided the product will not be under warranty.
- Make sure that the photographs clearly show the defects and the full size of the product
- All incomplete warranty claims cannot and will not be processed.
- Signature and manufacturers stand behind their product but will have the final say as to the warranty claim.
Please see our HOW TO video pages for basic instructions to assist if you are new to the sport.
Thanks for the support and we hope this info helps you out – most of all get out there and enjoy the flight.